Frequently Asked Questions

Why choose Lee Industries?

Lee Industries has been fabricating sanitary stainless steel processing equipment since 1927. Our expertise, service, and product durability are respected in the industry, most notably by our list of satisfied and repeat customers.


What makes Lee Industries different?

We care about our customers. We provide them with experienced people, extraordinary ongoing service, certified quality, an exceptional warranty, and durable products that stand the test of time.

Which industries does Lee provide service to?

We service food & beverage, pharmaceutical & biotech, personal care & healthcare, cosmetic & cosmeceutical, animal food & health, and industrial & chemical industries. Lee Industries is the leader in process equipment for sauces, candies, soups, toothpaste, lipstick, lotions and creams / topiderms, and many other products. Our experience and service in these industries are unsurpassed.

What Lee Industries products and services are best known?
Lee's process equipment is known across many industries for its durability, heat transfer, and heavy-duty agitation designs. Special hemispheres, dished, conical, and horizontal vessels are custom-designed and manufactured to our customers’ needs. Lee’s superior craftsmen can produce a multitude of surface finishes, and our electropolishing capabilities achieve our signature mirror finish. Lee Industries is a one-stop shop that provides versatility and unsurpassed experience in building processing vessels. Visit our process equipment section of the website or contact us for more information.


Does Lee Industries have new products?

The 45-degree incline agitated kettle's gentle lifting and folding action provides thorough mixing while minimizing ingredient damage. The inclined agitation is specially made for various food products such as soups, salsas, and pie fillings. Contact us to learn more about our custom process solutions.

Does Lee Industries have kettles and tanks in stock?

Lee has various new and demo units available. Feel free to contact us for more information.


What is the difference between a kettle and a tank?

Traditionally, a kettle has a hemispherical bottom, while a tank has a dished/cone or pitched bottom.

What information do I need to get a quotation for a new kettle/tank?

Please complete our quote request form or contact us.


Who are the contacts for kettles, tanks, and agitation?

Please see the contact us section of our website for territory coverage.


Who is the contact for ball valves?

John Weaver


What is required to place an order?

A Lee Industries sales representative can assist you with the purchasing process. Feel free to contact us for more information.

What is the largest tank that Lee Industries can fabricate?

Lee Industries has built tanks up to 30,000 gallons.

What is the smallest tank that Lee Industries can fabricate?

A five-gallon tank

What materials of construction are available?

Lee Industries process equipment is constructed of stainless steel and stainless steel alloys.

What are the jacket pressure ratings available?

We custom fabricate to the needs of our customers. Feel free to contact us for more information.


Are Lee Industries’ sanitary valves 3-A Sanitary Certified?



Can I get parts for my old Lee Industries kettle?

Yes. Parts are available for any kettle Lee Industries, built as far back as the 1940s. We also have parts for Groen Process Equipment (GPE) kettles.


Can Lee Industries refurbish kettles?

Yes. We often do refurbishing and refinishing of old kettles.

Does Lee repair existing units?

Yes. Lee Industries provides in-house and on-site repair services to Lee Industries equipment and equipment manufactured by other companies.

Does Lee have field service?

Yes. We travel across the United States and internationally. We work on Lee Industries and GPE process equipment, and we often provide service on other companies’ process equipment. We are fully ASME and CE certified for repair and alteration work.


Who is the contact for parts and field service?

Please see the contact us section of our website.

What manuals, documentation, and drawings are available for existing kettles, tanks, and agitation?

We have extensive records for each unit manufactured by Lee Industries dating back to the 1940s.


What is the cost of manuals, documentation, and drawings for existing kettles, tanks, and agitation?

It varies depending on your specific needs. Feel free to contact us for more information.


Does Lee Industries have a test lab?

Yes. We have quick disconnect and hookup demonstration equipment available to our customers to test various applications.


Can Lee fabricate an agitator for another company’s kettle or tank?

Yes. Feel free to contact us for more information.


Can Lee Industries supply references?

Yes. We have a long list of valued clients who are proud to use Lee Industries process equipment in their plants. Feel free to contact us for more information.

Where is Lee Industries located? How do I get there?

Lee Industries is located in Philipsburg, Pennsylvania, near State College (Penn State is a short drive away!). Please visit our directions page for more information.


What hotel choices are there in the area?

Many hotels within the State College area have easy access to our location. Feel free to contact us, and we can make a suggestion.


Are credit cards accepted?

Yes. All major credit cards are accepted.